I’m now ashamed to say it, but I used to hate sweet tea! The sugar overload used to shock my body and I just couldn’t handle it. Somehow, the longer I stayed in the south and the more time I spent around my husband I became an avid sweet tea drinker. We’ve now reached the level where I even have my own homemade sweet tea recipe and I’d like to finally share it with you all.
7 tea bags (I use Lipton Iced Tea but use whatever flavor you like)
gallon of water
3 cups of sugar
1. Add 4 cups of water to pan and bring to a boil.
2. Once water is boiling, remove the pan from the heat.
3. Add the tea bags to the water and cover with a lid for 13 minutes.
4. While the tea is steeping, put sugar in gallon pitcher and add just enough water to cover the sugar.
5. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
6. When the tea is done steeping, pour the tea into the pitcher.
7. Add 4 more cups of water to your pan and add the same tea bags back in.
8. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have 1 gallon of liquid.
8. Stir until all sugar is disolved.
9. Allow the tea to come to room temperature before cooling.
10. (For added flavor slice a lemon and squeeze juice into tea.)
If you try this recipe share your results in the comments below. Everyone has their own particular taste for certain flavors of tea and I’d love to hear what you all think so others can learn from you too!