As much as I like my privacy and not sharing every intimate detail of my life with everyone reading Homestead-it.com, I equally love to help people. Sometimes helping people means being open, being honest, and being vulnerable. While some love to share their entire life over the internet I love that there are hobbies and interests of mine that others will never read about on here. For a while I thought I’d skip sharing any of my new years resolutions with you all but the more I thought about it the more I realized that this may be beneficial for others. It might help you to see that another real life person has legitimate goals their working towards and frankly they’re not big, beautiful, grandiose goals. They’re just me and my hopes and dreams written down on paper and given a deadline of the December 31st, 2019.
For 2019 I’ve set 20 goals. 20 dreams and desires that I hope to accomplish in just a short 12 months. Some are easy but help keep me motivated and others look to be nearly impossible to accomplish in just 1 year. I know some of these may silly or easy or ridiculous but here you have it, my 20 New Years Resolutions for 2019.
2019 New Years Resolutions
- Have a baby
- Lose XX Pounds (not sharing the specifics because everyone’s weight loss journey is their own)
- Run a 5K
- Run a 1/2 Marathon
- Be on a Podcast (If anyone knows Rachel Hollis I’d be happy to speak on hers because she is #goals)
- Read 12 business, biography, or self improvement books
- Have XXXX visitors to website (not sharing the specifics of this one because it’s also such a personal one and while I hope our readership grows I never want to lose sight of feeling like a small community of homesteaders and people trying to make a better life for themselves)
- Go to Pensacola Entrecon 2019
- Write a book
- Pay off furniture
- Pay off Rav4
- XXXX emergency savings (because emergencies aren’t a matter of “if” but “when”)
- Visit family 3x (If you know a way to get cheap plane tickets please fill me in)
- Take a photo every Saturday & Sunday
- Do something intentionally kind every week
- Volunteer with an Organization (Know of an organization needing monthly or quarterly volunteers in the Pensacola area, please let me know)
- Spend 30 minutes investing in myself every day
- Clean out car, every day (we’re talking receipts, wrappers, mail etc. not a fully blown carpet cleaning session. We live in Florida -aka- the land of sand so I’m not that crazy)
- Keep nails trimmed or polished
- Show up at least 5 minutes early everywhere I go
I hope you find something creative or inspiring from this list! Everyone’s journey is their own, which is why I’m not sharing all of the details on some resolutions. Even without the specifics I hope you found something you can add to your list this year or plan on for next year.
Have your own resolutions you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear what you plan to accomplish in the new year!